The following list is simply my opinion based on personal experiences as well as the reviews I’ve heard from many people over the years. Also, the list is random, done in no particular order.
Top 6 Restaurants in Lancaster Virginia
1. Sandpiper Restaurant: Located at 850 Rappahannock Dr in Whitestone, The Sandpiper has been a staple of excellent dining in Lancaster County for decades. With their popular steak and seafood dishes, one is sure to have a wonderful dining experience at The SandPiper.
2. Willaby’s Restaurant: If you’re looking for great sandwiches, burgers, and barbecue, Willaby’s is one of the Northern Neck’s best. Located in Whitestone and overlooking the beautiful Rappahannock River, Willaby’s is also one of the more popular catering companies in the Northern Neck area.
3. The Lancaster Tavern: Easily the most historic restaurant on this list, the Lancaster Tavern not only is located in old-town Lancaster in a building that is older than anyone reading this article, but they also serve as a well-known bed and breakfast in the area. If you’re looking for a fine dining experience with a historical twist, The Tavern will be perfect for you.
Also, as a web guy myself, I’m very impressed with The Tavern’s website, so give it a look.
4. The Oaks Restaurant: Located at 5434 Mary Ball Rd in Lively Virginia, The Oaks has been around for years and has quite the local following. With their excellent crab cakes, burgers, and steaks—The Oaks will likely be a great fit for anyone looking to please their palette.
5. Trick Dog-Café: Talk about a wonderful dining experience, The Trick Dog Café located at 4357 Irvington road in Irvington has some of the finest dishes in the Lancaster area. Whether you’re looking for ‘Wine Braised Lamb Shanks’ (see photo above) or a mouth-watering filet mignon, Trick Dog will assuredly be a dining delight.
6. Rose’s Steak House: Without question, Rose’s knows beef, maybe better than anyone in the Northern Neck. Located at 37 North Main Street in the heart of downtown Kilmarnock, Rose’s has quickly established itself as one of the best eateries in the Northern Neck of Virginia.
Feel the need to add anyone to the list? Please don’t hesitate to leave your additional thoughts and comments below.